I made this dish recently for breakfast on a cold, 1c Sydney morning. It was a delicious bowl of soul soothing, tummy warming goodness.
1/2 bunch kale, washed and chopped
1/2 can coconut milk
1/2 brick firm tofu, cubed
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp coconut oil
Knob of ginger, diced small
2 green onions chopped
* option – 1/2 cup leftover rice tossed in makes the dish a meal in itself…a bit heavier and more satisfying when you need it and have the leftover rice in the fridge. I am all about prepping and storing cooked rice, quinoa, roasted veg and sauces to make up quick SIBO friendly meals.
1. Heat coconut oil, add green onion and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
2. Next add tofu, coconut milk and spices. Sauté for another couple of minutes.
3. Then add chopped kale and cook until vibrant green and wilted.
4. Throw in rice, if using, and stir to warm through. Serve immediately.