A bag of carrots, washed and sliced
1 bunch of kale, washed, stalks removed and chopped into small pieces
1 -2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Juice of 1 lime
- Boil a large pot of water and add carrot slices. Cook until soft – around 20 minutes.
- Pour water and carrots into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy, return to pan.
- Add kale to pot, cover and wilt.
- Toast sesame seeds and add to soup.
- Top with freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
*You could add cubed tofu or tempeh to add some extra protein.
*Leftover rice thickens up this soup to make a heartier meal.
*You could also season with ginger to make this soup more warming.