This is a fun, healthy and easy way to make a SIBO friendly meal for the whole family. It is full of healthy fat, protein and vibrant vegetables. My kids love this meal as they can customise their plates with their favourite foods and top it off with this soul satisfying peanut sauce.
Salt and Pepper Tofu:
1 brick firm tofu, cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper taste
Rice Noodle x servings required
2 Carrots, sliced into match sticks
1 red capsicum, sliced into match sticks
1 – 2 heads of broccoli, stalks removed and cut into small florets
1 bag of snow peas, washed and cut into 2cm pieces
1 large cucumber, cut into match sticks
1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
*The vegetable quantities listed here make enough for a family of 5.
- Cube tofu and toss in a heated pan with oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Place in a serving bowl.
- Boil a pot of water and cook rice noodles as per package instruction.
- Drain noodles in a colander and run cool water over top to stop them from cooking. Place in a serving bowl.
- Prep all of your veg. This is the most time consuming part but worth the work. Serve on a large platter.
- Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil. Sauté broccoli until a bright green colour. Add to veg platter.
- Serve and enjoy with a bowl of Thai Peanut Sauce.
** If raw veggies are too hard on your digestive system or you prefer a warm meal you can easily steam or sauté all of it. Remember to play with your recipes and customise them for you. Enjoy!