We love ethnic foods in our house – Mexican, Indian and Thai are our favourites. I am always altering the classics to be SIBO friendly while still creating something everyone will love. Here is my version of peanut sauce that is sure to please.
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic infused olive oil
½ bunch green onions (about 5 stalks), chopped and white parts removed
1 small red chili pepper, chopped
1 knob of ginger, diced
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp tamari sauce
½ bunch coriander, chopped
1 14 oz can coconut milk
½ cup peanut butter or almond butter
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Warm oils in a pan, then add green onions, ginger, chili and salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter, coconut milk, tamari, and coriander. Cook for 5-10 minutes and continue to stir.
- Turn off heat once sauce has thickened and is smelling fab.
- Add lime juice and vinegar.
- Blend in a high speed blender or with a stick blender.
- Serve warm with rice noodles and vegetables or whatever strikes your fancy.