1 cup raw almonds
4 cups water
A pinch of sea salt
2 cm piece of cinnamon stick
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak almonds in a bowl of water overnight. I keep mine in the fridge.
- Drain nuts in a colander and rinse well with clean water.
- Add nuts, 4 cups of water, salt, vanilla and cinnamon to a high speed blender.
- Blend for up to one minute until you have a smooth creamy nut milk.
- Pour into a nut milk bag placed within a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze until all liquid is removed from bag.
- Store in an air tight jar in the fridge for 3-4 days.
*Using cinnamon sticks as opposed to cinnamon powder will yield a much more flavourful nut milk. I encourage you to try it this way.