There are days when I’m really craving a carby comfort food. These spicy muffins tick all the boxes. They are slightly sweet, soft and flavourful. Perfect for a hiking snack, tea time, or a quick breakfast.
1 mashed banana
2 tbsp maple syrup or tolerated sweetener of choice
¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of one lemon
Zest of one orange
2 cups almond flour
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bi-carb soda
¼ tsp salt
- Mash banana in a medium sized bowl
- Add eggs and whisk.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Line a muffin pan with baking cups, fill 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated 180c oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Muffins are done when set and browned.
*I tend to be heavy handed with my spices, preferring a stronger spice flavour. I encourage you to ahead and play with your measurements to find what you prefer.