This recipe serves one and is perfect to make when you have some pureed pumpkin in the fridge. It took me about 15 minutes to throw it together and another 5 to make a green salad to go with.
1 knob of ginger, peeled and diced small
2 green onions, chopped
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup canned lentils
A small handful of fresh coriander
Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
Salt and pepper to taste
A drizzle of garlic infused olive oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add ginger and green onions and cook for one minute.
- Add spices and cook for another minute.
- Add water, pumpkin, lentils and coriander.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes to meld the flavours.
- Remove from heat, add lemon or lime juice and puree in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with garlic infused olive oil.
*If you have some leftover rice in the fridge you could add 1/2 cup to make a heartier meal.