This recipe is a perfect example of easily throwing a SIBO friendly meal together in minutes that’s healthy and full of flavour. Planning for the week ahead I always keep some form of greens on hand, bricks of tofu and lots of fresh gut warming ginger. Preparing some cooked rice and keeping it in the fridge will speed up daily meal prep.
1 bunch bok choy, washed and chopped into large pieces
2 green onions, washed and chopped
1 knob of ginger, diced small
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/3 brick of firm tofu, diced into cubes
1-2 tsp tamari
Salt and pepper to taste
A drizzle of garlic infused olive oil
- Warm oil in pan, add ginger, green onion and tofu. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add rice and tamari. Fry until heated through and sticking to the pan a bit, just a couple of minutes.
- Add bok choy, cover and wilt for a minute or two. If rice is really sticking to pan add a tbsp of water and stir through.
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper.
- Plate and drizzle with garlic infused oil.