The fragrance of the ginger and spices melding together with the aubergine and tomato will make your mouth water. This is a lovely, gut-warming recipe that you will want to make again and again. Bon appétit!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small to medium whole aubergine, cubed
1 knob of ginger, diced small
1 red capsicum, chopped into smaller pieces
1/2 cup kalamata olives
1/2 brick of firm tofu, cubed
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
*Optional: Drizzle garlic infused olive oil over top.
*Serve over 1/2 cup of rice to make a more filling meal.
**This makes at least 3 meals. Share with friends and family or pack up two more meals that are ready to be eaten and store in the fridge.
- Warm oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add ginger, capsicum and aubergine and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add tofu and spices, stir well to coat everything. Cook for another minute.
- Add canned tomatoes, water and olives. Cook covered for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve over 1/2 cup cooked rice.