A side or condiment can make a simple meal fancy. This creamy and flavourful eggplant dish is the perfect accompaniment to rice or quinoa and a salad. Kalamata olives taste divine with it so throw some of those in too! I’ve also enjoyed it with a savoury breakfast plate so get creative.
1 whole eggplant
2 tbsp tahini
1 tsp garlic infused olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ – ½ tsp cumin
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200c / 400f
- Wash whole eggplant and place in a roasting dish.
- Prick holes randomly around eggplant to let steam vent.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until a fork inserted into the eggplant moves easily. Skin should be wrinkling.
- Cool and once cooled scrape out the inside flesh and add to food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients and then puree.
- Taste and add more seasoning until you get it right.
*Option: Add more spice! I love adding paprika and ground coriander to this. It would be great also with a handful of fresh coriander and/or a small chili pepper. I encourage you to play with your spices and seasonings as flavour encourages us to stick to a SIBO diet.