I love halva and used to treat myself to a sweet chocolate halva confection when I lived in London. Now on a SIBO restricted diet and limiting sugar it’s something I haven’t enjoyed in many years. Although, not as sweet as the original it still has that wonderful flavour I remember.
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 buckwheat flour
1/4 almond flour
1/4 coconut milk or plant based milk of choice
1/2 mashed banana
A pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
A dash of cinnamon
1 tsp maple syrup
2 squares 100% dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
*Optional: you could add 1 tsp of cacao to make these chocolate pancakes.
- Mash banana in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients except dark chocolate
- If the batter is too thick add a bit more coconut milk until it reaches the right consistency.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Heat pan over a medium temperature, lightly coat with coconut oil.
- Spoon batter onto pan to make pancakes.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browning and cooked through.