This is not your average fluffy, nutritionally deficient bread. This bread is very dense and so flavourful. Ideal for fuelling up before a hike or long day out as it will keep you full for hours. This is great news for us SIBO folk who need to space meal times out to help with slow gut motility. Enjoy it with nut butter, avo mash or vegan marmite.
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup chia seeds
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/4 golden flaxseed meal
1/2 cup hemp seeds
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 cup warm water
- Place hazelnuts, almonds, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds in food processor – blend until you have a flour-like consistency.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until it’s coming together.
- Place into a baking paper lined bread pan and bake at 180c/350f for 45 minutes.
- Remove from pan, keeping it wrapped in the baking paper – place on a cookie sheet and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Best to store it wrapped tightly in cling wrap in the fridge for 3-4 days.