I sprouted these mung beans to adhere with the SIBO diet that I follow. It’s easier on your digestion and full of wonderful nutrients. I’ve been having fun sprouting mung beans lately – creating new and tasty recipes. These have a rich coconut broth with amazing Indian flavour. It’s wonderful served with a side of rice and I am roasting cumin spiced potatoes for my family to enjoy (the non-SIBO eaters.)
1 cup dry mung beans – sprouted
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 bunch coriander, chopped
2 tbsp fresh ginger, diced small or grated
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne
3 cups water
1 14 oz can coconut cream
Juice of 1 lime
- In a large pot, heat the oils over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the cumin seeds and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, ginger, ground coriander, turmeric, salt and cayenne.
- Saute the tomato mixture for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the water and the sprouted mung beans. Bring to a boil and then cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When the mung beans have finished cooking, add coconut cream.
- Return pot to a boil over high heat and then, turn the heat off.
- Add coriander and lime juice.
- Serve warm with rice.