This cake is really easy to make and my kids love it. It’s great to slice up and pack for snacks while at sport, perfect with a cup of tea or even for breakfast on its own. It’s protein packed and very filling. A vegetarian recipe today as it does has eggs. One of these days I will try it with chia or flax eggs and see how it comes out but for now this is my vegetarian and SIBO friendly cake recipe.
3/4 cup coconut sugar
8 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
3 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350f/180c
- Place eggs and sugar in a bowl and blend on medium speed with a hand blender for 4-5 minutes.
- Add vanilla, coconut milk, cooled butter and lemon juice. Blend again on medium speed until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients and fold through with rubber spatula until mixed completely.
- Butter or oil a bundt pan and then add batter to pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then turn out. This is wonderful served warm with a cup of tea or coffee.