The best of summer in one easy to make casserole. I served mine with a 1/2 cup of rice and some homemade pesto. Delish!
1 eggplant/aubergine, sliced
1 zucchini/courgette, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
1 capsicum, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic infused olive oil
2 tbsp fresh basil, sliced into thin strips
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Italian spice mix (without garlic or onion) or Herbs de Provence
Salt and pepper to taste
- First make the sauce. In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, oils, herbs/spices, salt and pepper, vinegar.
- Lightly grease a rectangular baking dish and preheat oven to 350f/180c.
- Pour the sauce into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Start layering veggies, standing upright in dish, in an alternating pattern until you’ve filled your casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour or until veggies are browned and sauce is bubbling.