A pleasantly flavoured herbal tea that soothes the soul and comforts your gut. This is easy to make from items you most likely have at home already. Enjoy!
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp caraway seeds
1 tbsp anise seeds
1 knob of ginger, peeled and sliced
1 handful of fresh peppermint leaves.
3 cups of water
- Prep ginger and add to pan with water. Boil for 5 minutes.
- While ginger is cooking, add seeds to mini chopper and grind. I don’t grind it to a powder, just enough to break it up and release the flavours/oils.
- Add peppermint leaves to a mug.
- Add 1 tbsp of the ground spice to a tea strainer in the mug.
- Pour the ginger tea over the spices and peppermint and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
*Store the remaining ground spices in an airtight container to brew more tea at a later time.