This is a great alternative to meat or beans for a fabulous and nutritious vegan meal.
1 can jackfruit in brine
1 tbsp olive oil or garlic infused olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse jackfruit.
- In a bowl mix oil and spices.
- Add jack fruit and stir to coat.
- Bake in a preheated 180c oven for 20-25 minutes.
- When finished baking, use two forks to pull the jackfruit apart.
- Serve with 1/2 cup white rice, shredded lettuce and a Mexican inspired salad of chopped avo, cucumber, tomato, coriander, green onions and lime juice.